It’s the era of fusion fashion. Nowadays a handbag isn’t just a handbag- but also a phone charger. That chic bracelet? It’s actually a flask with your favourite wine.
In the ultimate showcase of fashion meets function, the weekend Fox Sports presenter and Australian Turf Club representative Abbey Gelmi is bringing back the aptly named “Unpredictaheel’ at TAB Epsom Day.
The Unpredictaheel is not only an eye-catching fashion statement, but it has you covered like no other shoe.
Features of the Unpredictaheel include:
- DanceSupport – Comfortable heel padding while dancing to live music
- StyleSwitch – Various shoe accessories for different race looks – i.e. a red detail for Colgate Optic White Stakes Day which can then be switched to green accessories for TAB Epsom Day
- MembersPass – an RFID chip within the Unpredictaheel that you tap to allow access into VIP sections
- BetGuide – Directs the wearer from anywhere within the Carnival to the betting ring via left or right turn pulsing notifications
- TrackSide – Thick heel allowing wearer to walk effortlessly across grass and raises the height of the wearer to get a better view of the action
- RaceAlert – Alerts the wearer two minutes before each race starts via vibrating soles
- Kick&Pay – Payment chip that uses the same technology as a credit card, concealed in the upper sole of the Unpredictaheel to allow the wearer to pay for goods and services via PayPass
- Tap&Go – Click your heels three times like Dorothy to book your ride home
We loved seeing Gelmi model the Unpredictaheel at Royal Randwick this Saturday 30th September and there was plenty of action on the track as well, for the Group 1 $1 million TAB Epsom, with a prize pool of over $3.4 million across nine top class races.
It’s a huge weekend of sport across the board, with the AFL Grand Final in Melbourne and the NRL Grand Final in Sydney, so you never know which parties you’ll end up at. The perfect weekend for functional fashion to shine (and save your butt.)
What is your ultimate super fashion accessory? Maybe a tote bag that magically folds down into a clutch purse? Or nail polishes that change colour with your outfit? Comment below with your favourite fashion fusion ideas!